The core role of the Site Monitor is to provide support to on-site staff and residents to ensure safety, cleanliness and a healthy environment at and near our supportive housing sites. These sites are home to adults and youth that have previously experienced homelessness. An ideal candidate will be able to provide afternoon, evening and weekend coverage. There are two openings for this role, with locations in Venice and Inglewood.
The specific duties of the Site Monitor are designed to promote a healthy and safe environment at assigned locations and various other nearby sites as needed. The Site Monitor will perform the following:
- Interact with and build relationships with residents, demonstrating the ability to support resident success, solve problems, enforce house rules, and provide crisis response and conflict resolution with and among residents as needed
- Perform conflict resolution, formal and informal, as requested or needed between tenants and/or between tenants, guests and VCH
- Daily building and grounds inspections to maintain facility and resident safety
- Monitor traffic flow at entrances and exits
- Perform walk-throughs of buildings and immediately surrounding areas
- Inspect hallways, light fixtures, trash areas and other common areas and identify problems or complete work orders as needed
- Perform light cleaning, as needed, to respond to immediate issues (i.e. light trash, clean up of spills, etc)
- Serve as an advocate as needed, proactively strategizing and planning with supportive services and other programming with the full program team and within VCH more broadly
- Report any safety findings, or possible tenant lease violations, in writing
- Other duties as assigned.
- One to two years of experience providing social services, security, or another support role at housing or social services organizations, or similar related experience. Other relevant work and/or lived experience will be strongly considered in place of direct work experience in this field.
- Must be organized, detailed-oriented and work independently.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse community groups (including VCH tenants) and respond to community input and concerns.
- Valid California driver’s license and auto insurance preferred.
- The starting salary range for the position is $49,000 to $50,000, plus benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, Aflac, 403(b), vacation, sick time, 14 holidays, and 2 personal days.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Must be able carry up to 25 pounds and perform the following essential physical job functions daily
- Ability to stand or walk continuously
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to climb, balance, bend/stoop, and kneel continuously
- Ability to use both hands for continuous grasping and fine manipulation.
All applicants are encouraged to apply through Betterteam.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Venice Community Housing (VCH) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at [email protected].