Venice Community Housing (VCH) supports and builds equitable and inclusive communities by providing affordable housing with supportive services, education, employment programs, and public policy advocacy that advances racial and economic justice. VCH is a community-based nonprofit organization engaged in a variety of housing and community development programs. VCH owns and manages 252 units of affordable and supportive housing, as well as 28 units of interim housing, and is in a period of growth with an additional 500 units in predevelopment and/or construction stages.
The Resident Manager will be responsible for the residential property management of a 40 unit affordable and supportive housing development located on the westside of Los Angeles in Venice, CA. The Resident Manager will live on site and be responsible for all building management functions, tenant relationships and correspondence, integrated work with a social services team, and other functions to ensure the provision of high-quality, affordable housing that meets all legal and regulatory standards. The Resident Manager reports to the Regional Property Manager.
- Perform lease-up/lease-out to new tenants, including acquisition of all necessary documentation.
- Rent collection, including follow-up with tenants’ payment plans, sending three-day notices to pay or quit and entering rents into property management software.
- Monitor and enforce lease requirements, including written notices and other documentation.
- Process reasonable accommodation and modification requests.
- Manage and fill vacancies.
- Perform regular site work/visits.
- Collecting and monitoring work orders, tenant communications, general site cleaning, and monthly tenant meetings.
- Daily buildings and grounds inspections to maintain curb appeal and resident safety.
- Perform light cleaning duties daily to maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Report all issues concerning resident health and safety, maintenance, or other areas of concern to appropriate managers within the Property Management Department on a daily basis.
- Represent VCH professionally and ethically while interacting with tenants to solve problems enforce house, lease, and parking rules.
- Perform unlawful detainer filings for evictions as approved by the Director of Property Management.
- Collaborate and coordinate with VCH Policy and Programs Department regarding social service needs of tenants, including participation in relevant integrated property management-social service meetings.
- Facilitate and complete annual re-certifications, including sending notification letters, collecting documents, and processing verification forms.
- Review AMI rent compliance at recertification.
- Ensure compliance with Section 8 inspections and other regulatory agency inspections.
- Coordinate and ensure timely completion of work orders and other needed maintenance repairs.
- Work with Housing Authorities and other government subsidy programs to resolve rent and tenant issues in relevant units.
- Furnish monthly or as-needed reports to supervisors, managers, and/or directors.
- Communicate unresolved issues to the supervisors, managers, and/or directors and implement identified resolution(s).
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in property management in the affordable housing arena with Tax Credit properties or HUD-subsidized housing.
- Understanding of the Housing First model for chronically homeless people with disabilities.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented; able to juggle priorities, work independently, have problem-solving skills, be a good listener, and have excellent people skills.
- Candidate must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software; knowledge of Real Page is a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required, or equivalent work and/or lived experience.
- Valid California Driver License and proof of insurance is preferred.
- Ability to communicate through written materials such as emails and letters.
- Ability to work independently.
The starting annual salary range for the position is $42,000-$46,000, plus a rent-free apartment with utilities paid. Other benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, Aflac, 403(b), vacation, sick time, 14 holidays, and 2 personal days. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Job frequently requires sitting for extended periods of time entering data into a computer and handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, move inside and outside the office, apartments, buildings, moving files in and around the building, lifting file boxes etc. Required to have visual acuity to perform the following tasks: operate a motor vehicle, viewing a computer terminal, reading and writing, and assess participants. Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
All applicants are encouraged to apply through Betterteam.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Venice Community Housing (VCH) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at [email protected].