Venice Community Housing (VCH) supports and builds equitable and inclusive communities by providing affordable housing with supportive services, education, employment programs, and public policy advocacy that advances racial and economic justice. VCH is a community-based nonprofit organization engaged in a variety of housing and community development programs. VCH owns and manages 252 units of affordable and supportive housing, as well as 28 units of interim housing, and is in a period of growth with an additional 500 units in predevelopment and/or construction stages.
The Community Design and Engagement Manager has primary responsibility to meaningfully engage low-income and unhoused residents, other aligned community stakeholders and development partners in project design and other VCH decision making. The Community Design and Engagement Manager is broadly responsible for meaningful engagement and informing and/or developing communications with VCH tenants, other community stakeholders, and community partners, in ways that build and sustain VCH’s housing development and advocacy efforts. Some evenings and weekends are required.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Housing Development.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to research and identify diverse (race, ethnicity, gender, abilities, housed/unhoused, vocational, etc.) group of community stakeholders for the Participatory Design process and help form a neighborhood coalition.
- Schedule and lead interviews, and contribute hiring recommendations for the lead architect for each project based on VCH goals and standards.
- Organize and develop a housing site-based engagement strategy including development of a schedule of events for each design phase, with the goal of encouraging architect to implement at least one input and one community design meeting per phase (entitlements/schematic, design development, construction, and post-occupancy) to ensure a feedback loop.
- Lead neighborhood coalitions to share information about the projects with others for ongoing building and identification of additional stakeholders to include in the engagement events; ensure ongoing relationship building and involvement of neighborhood partners during operations.
- Through creative Participatory Design Strategies, along with the Architect, housing development team and its partner organizations, propose and implement inclusive design ideas.
- Collaborate with design and housing development teams, so implementation is affordable and culturally appropriate.
- Develop specifications for recommended features discovered through the participatory design process to ensure the vision can be implemented; ensure utilization across entire project team.
- Engage VCH residents on an ongoing basis to evaluate their experiences as tenants, including design choices, and ensure that feedback is included in VCH decision making.
- Complete administrative tasks as needed to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- Provide regular project updates for the Sr. Director of Housing Development, Advocacy Committee, and management team.
- Lead and facilitate the Tenant Council and Youth Policy Council, and engage Housing Development, Resident Services, and Property Management in implementing recommendations
- Participate in VCH’s advocacy committee and, when relevant, represent VCH in external coalitions
- Evaluate participation across all engagement activities from a racial equity and diversity lens; identify potential barriers to participation and include recommended solutions to ensure diverse participation as needed.
- Help coordinate data collection and analysis to measure equity in participation and outcomes among tenants and other low-income stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in community engagement, design and/or community-led design, or other directly related field.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent lived and/or work experience.
- Proficient with PC, Microsoft Word, Excel, and database software.
- Valid California driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including engaging diverse groups of people.
- Ability to plan, organize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Detail oriented with the ability to work with a small team and in cooperation with volunteer committees and key organizational stakeholders.
- Experience with or knowledge of local community-based non-profits.
- Strong public presentation skills, with experience in community meetings, hearings, and preferably leading community-led design activities.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse community groups (including VCH tenants) and respond to community input and concerns.
$65,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience and qualifications; benefits include medical, dental, vision, basic life, voluntary life, Aflac, 403 (b), vacation, sick time, 14 holidays and 2 personal days. This is a full-time roll with exempt status based on experience.
Job frequently requires sitting for extended periods of time entering data into a computer and handling objects with hands. Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, driving, hearing, and lifting up to 25 pounds. Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, move inside and outside the office, apartments, buildings, etc. Occasionally moves objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Required to have visual acuity to perform the following tasks: operate a motor vehicle, view a computer terminal, see information in print and/or electronically, reading, and writing.
A cover letter is required for applicants, along with resume.
All applicants are encouraged to apply through Betterteam.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Venice Community Housing (VCH) is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you need an accommodation due to a disability, contact us at [email protected].